Chinese New Year Wedding Ideas
In Chinese Tradition, red and gold are the luckiest of all colours. So I have put together ideas for a modern Chinese Themed Wedding that may inspire you. I love what the lady is wearing but most Chinese brides will have a beautiful choongsum (the red dress) and then also have a white wedding dress. I have seen where the choongsum is worn at the time of the tea ceremony for the parents and elderly ancestors.
- Dress is photgraphed by www.kaychu.com
- Red and gold Chinese dragon wedding cake by Sophie Bifield.
- Gold Hearts on Tree Table Decoration is from Irene and Tom’s wedding on Bridal Musings ( A very cute idea that you could do yourself if you are on budget)
- Elegant Gold Plate Setting by weddingbee.com
- Red Groom Suit by Gucci and is custom made.
- Red and Gold Wedding Invitations ~ as for these I can’t find who produced them. Let me know if you do.
- Decoration of Red Roses Idea by www.lovewith.me ~ a Chinese site
- Beautifully adorned Chinese Shoes by AllExpress
- Red and Gold Chinese Favors by DHGate.com
Fluenta website explain how these days for Chinese people to find love is much more difficult and much more costly. Not to mention that if the women is 30 and doesn’t have a boyfriend she is labelled a left over woman. 10 million chinese get married each year and the cost of the wedding include gifts can skyrocket out of control. One guy paid for 5 minute proposal on a LED billboard, this costed 500,000 RMB ($81,555). That’s $15,160.591 in Aussie dollars. Wow!
Read how in China now there are special dating websites similar to eharmony for parents to match up their daughters with sons.
I would love to go back and have the traditional with the new Chinese Wedding. I hope you enjoyed my Chinese New Year Wedding Ideas
Tell me in the comments if you would do a red and gold wedding mixed with traditional dress? Maybe you have worn your grandmother’s wedding dress? Or had something vintage?